Monday, August 18, 2008

Check it out

Since Jesse is motoring across the country checking out a bunch of stadiums and giving us the scoop on the stadiums themselves and the immediate surrounding areas, I read this article today and figured it relates somewhat. It focuses on every team and examines exactly how much they try to screw (or in a few rare cases, not-screw) us dear loyal fans. It's located at The Hardball Times which is in my opinion one of the best baseball sites around. At any rate, here is a link to the aforementioned article. It's really an interesting read on something I never thought much about. I encourage everyone to read it and if nothing else understand how the Mariners manage to suck off the field as well. Alrighty, that's all. Keep up the good work Jesse, I'm digging it.

2 comments:

A Brancato said...

Nice post. Yeah I never thought much about it either. I guess once you accept the thought of an $8 beer, convenience charges are rather passé.

Does this writer usually put up articles like this? Maybe he has one about new stadium ticket prices vs. old stadium ticket prices for the same team? If not, I think I will write about that.

Oh btw, I think I found another writer, he's in an ESPN Fantasy Keeper league I'm in. I'll keep you guys posted.

Paul said...

yea I don't think he does. But since you're in NY you're in a unique position to evaluate both teams next year. I know the Yankees are jacking prices like crazy, I'm sure the Mets will follow suit. Wish I was in Colorado and could get awesome seats for 30 bucks...