Thursday, January 10, 2008

Changes are coming....

Be on the look out Febuary 1st everyone. Posts every 2 days, more contributors, more analysis, more attention to the blog from outside sources. The contributors will be the following with their beats (storylines) next to their names:

Anthony: AL Central, AL East (split)
Michael: NL Central, NL East (split)
Paul: NL West, NL East (split)
Jesse: AL West, AL East (split)


If anybody seriously wants to write for this blog let me know. Once the season starts we will all have access to mlb.tv to give you up-to-date analysis on your favorite team. While this blog will probably swing more towards fantasy baseball, we will also try to get you stuff here that you won't find on espn.com or mlb.com.

For the time being, Leatherheads, here's something to chew on. I haven't thought about this for awhile but a few months back I was tinkering with creating a new fielding statistic. I was trying to combine the following statistics: zone rating, range factor, and fielding percentage.

If you would like to read into this more and get back to me that would be great:

Zone rating: Zone Rating

Range factor: Range Factor

Fielding percentage: Fielding Percentage

Tonight, I believe, I will have time and I will at least start a draft of the transactions I have missed over the past few months. After that, on February 1st, we will start season previews. I'll kick it off with a preview for the Cleveland Indians.

Take care all.

1 comment:

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.