Thursday, July 17, 2008

YEAAAAAAAAAAA

Richie Sexson has signed with the Yankees. For more information, click here. In all actuality, this is probably a dumb signing, but I'm completely excited by it. Keep in mind I'm not much of a Yankees fan otherwise I'd more than likely be annoyed. But they did sign him for some power against lefties, are not paying him much at all (the aforementioned link says 150k and I've also read 390k but either way its barely anything for the Yankees) and the man did have ridiculous post Allstar break numbers just two years ago in 2006 (.322 BA, 1.012 OPS with 18 home runs).

Welcome to New York Richie.

3 comments:

waldinho said...

Paul --

Great image, as always, however, I was a bit disappointed with it. I am using dial-up internet, so the image loaded very slowly from the top piece-by-piece. I was hoping Willie Bloomquist's right hand would be caressing Richmond Lockwood's ass. But, alas, no dice.

Anyway, whatever, I guess. As you said, there's little opportunity cost for a move like this, except I guess the at-bats that they'll be feeding him. I'm under the impression that he can still sort of hit lefty pitching, does anyone have his splits (as I said, I'm on dial-up internet here)?

-wal

Unknown said...

It may be a little late, but Big Sexy is batting .340 against lefties (and slugging .600something) and is batting .180something against righties...

waldinho said...

Richie Sexson just pinch ran.

You know that your starting First Baseman is Jason Giambi when Richie Sexson is called upon to pinch-run and be a defensive replacement.